Welcome to the WiRE Program!
We are thrilled you are here!
WiRE stands for Women in Rural, Regional and Remote Enterprises. It also stands for Women, Innovation, Research and Entrepreneurship
Before we get into what the WiRE Program is and who we are, here is what we know about you...
You describe yourself in one or more of the following ways:
1) I have en entrepreneurial spirit but just never had the right idea
2) I have an idea and would like to create a venture or community organisation around it
3) I started a venture but need help to validate my ideas/products/services
4) I own an enterprise but I’m looking for guidance of specific issues
5) I have started a venture or community organisation and I want to grow it
6) I want to significantly create and build my own personal brand
7) I have run, but has since sold or closed, a business and want to start a new business again
8) I am working for an organisation and want to progress to a leadership position through entrepreneurial behaviour
9) I am a successful professional or entrepreneur and want to give back and help other women succeed
Also...you most likely live in rural, regional or remote Queensland or Australia and face numerous challenges in progressing your dream of starting your venture or growing your venture.
If this sounds familiar you are in the right place!
In a nutshell
The WiRE Program enables, guides and supports women in rural, regional and remote enterprises who:
have a great idea and don’t know how to take it to the next level to start a business or community venture.
already have a venture and want to grow their business or community venture
work in an organisation and wants to progress that organisation and her career through entrepreneurial projects
The WiRE program helps remove proven or perceived barriers of RRR women and increasing their likelihood of success significantly.
Our goal is to help rural, regional and remote (RRR) women entrepreneurs create the ventures/businesses/initiatives of their dreams around the lives they crave to live.
What makes the wIre program so unique?
It focuses specifically on rural, regional and remote women entrepreneurs;
It’s about community, not just profits;
It unique because it helps women in all stages of their venture;
It provides a safe place for women to network, collaborate and support each other
It delivers a cutting edge program from light till deep learning components;
It was co-created with over 300 women in rural, regional and remote enterprises;
It integrates academic research and emerging entrepreneurial trends with participant’s development objectives. All of this is underpinned by evaluation!
It will be steered by a consortium made up of university, industry, government and community organisation partners.
“A successful venture is not a fairytale. All you need is a seed and the right fertiliser” - Program Leader: Prof. Retha Wiesner
Find out about the WiRE program, our cause, our methods, and who the program will benefit.
The WiRE Program is supported by the Queensland Government’s Advancing Women in Business Initiative and the Australian Government through the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science.