Welcome to the WiRE Program!
We are thrilled you are here!
WiRE stands for Women in Rural, Regional and Remote Enterprises. It also stands for Women, Innovation, Research and Entrepreneurship
Before we get into what the WiRE Program is and who we are, here is what we know about you...
You describe yourself in one or more of the following ways:
1) I have en entrepreneurial spirit but just never had the right idea
2) I have an idea and would like to create a venture or community organisation around it
3) I started a venture but need help to validate my ideas/products/services
4) I own an enterprise but I’m looking for guidance of specific issues
5) I have started a venture or community organisation and I want to grow it
6) I want to significantly create and build my own personal brand
7) I have run, but has since sold or closed, a business and want to start a new business again
8) I am working for an organisation and want to progress to a leadership position through entrepreneurial behaviour
9) I am a successful professional or entrepreneur and want to give back and help other women succeed
Also...you most likely live in rural, regional or remote Queensland or Australia and face numerous challenges in progressing your dream of starting your venture or growing your venture.
If this sounds familiar you are in the right place.
The WiRE Program is funded by the Australian Government through the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science.
The University of Southern Queensland and its partners, Queensland Rural Regional and Remote Womens Network (QRRRWN), Startup Toowoomba and Fire Station 101, are conducting an amazing integrated entrepreneurship capacity building program during 2017 and 2018.
Our goal is to help rural, regional and remote (RRR) women entrepreneurs create the ventures/businesses/initiatives of their dreams around the lives they crave to live.
What makes the wIre program so unique?
This is the first integrative entrepreneurship capacity building program co-created by RRR women and designed specifically for women entrepreneurs living in rural, regional and remote Australia, and in particular Queensland. The program is offered through a university-industry partnership and funded by the Australian Federal Government. It condenses the overwhelming complexity of venture/business building into a user friendly system of techniques, tools and guidance that works for RRR women entrepreneurs. The eight components of the program guide you through your venture building process.
The WiRE program’s work integrates academic research and emerging entrepreneurial trends with participant’s development objectives. The WiRE program’s work develops multi-disciplinary evidence based solutions in collaboration with rural, regional, and remote women entrepreneurs. The program is all about making a real difference to regional economies and communities.
“A successful venture is not a fairytale. All you need is a seed and the right fertiliser” - Program Leader: Prof. Retha Wiesner
Find out about the WiRE program, our cause, our methods, and who the program will benefit.